The Trevor Project, a nonprofit organization focused on “building a safer, more inclusive world,” states that its mission is to “end suicide among lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer & questioning people.” The Trevor Project website offers access to counseling and an online chat function that allows children to have private conversations with adults. The site also offers a “Quick Exit” for those who wish to use the “quickly leave” function.
In December, it was revealed that Sam Brinton, the former federal government official who has been embroiled in legal controversy, helped craft model school suicide policy designed to keep parents in the dark. Brinton helped create this policy as a staff member of The Trevor Project.
Below is a non-exhaustive list of schools and school districts that list and link to the Trevor Project website and resources.
- Adelante High School
- Butte County Office of Education
- Hayward Unified School District
- Pomona Unified School District
- San Francisco Unified School District
- San Juan Unified School District
- Travis Unified School District
- Western Placer Unified School District
- Franklin Pierce School District
- Mary Walker School District
- Monroe School District
- Riverview School District
- Appleton Area School District
- Boyceville Community School District
- Cedar Grove-Belgium School District
- DeForest Area School District
- Elwood School District
- Lodi High School
- Madison Metropolitan School District
- Marhsall Public Schools
- Monona Grove High School
- Pepin Area Schools
- School District of Cameron
- School District of Jefferson
- School District of Winter
- Sun Prairie Area School District
- Trevor-Wilmot Consolidated Grade School District
- Waterloo School District
*This is not an exhaustive list and we will add to it as we obtain more information.