What is Project Implicit?
Project implicit is a non-profit organization that says it is “committed to advancing scientific knowledge about stereotypes, prejudice, and other group-based biases.” The mission of Project Implicit is to “educate the public about bias and to provide a ‘virtual laboratory’ for collecting data on the internet. Project Implicit says its scientists “produce high-impact research that forms the basis of our scientific knowledge about bias and disparities.
What services does Project Implicit offer?
- It sells virtual and on-site “Education Services” that “focus on the science, impact and mitigation of biases.” Project Implicit says its facilitators have presented over 400 sessions for companies and organizations including universities, hospitals, manufacturing, financial institutions, law firms, Fortune 500 corporations and community-based organizations.
- It sells “Programming Services” and hosts private research studies on its platform for academic researchers and clients collecting data.
- It sells “Consulting Services” with consultants who are experts “identifying issues and developing data-driven strategies for reducing and preventing organizational disparities.”
- Ongoing Coaching and Support: “Leaders and decision-makers looking for ongoing support have the opportunity to book additional check-in sessions with Project Implicit Leadership. Through small group discussions and facilitated dialogue participants will report on their progress implementing the mitigation strategies from the Half-Day or Full-Day Sessions, report on their progress creating or modifying policies and procedures, and develop new approaches to hiring, managing, and evaluating their teams. Ongoing Leadership Sessions are typically booked 2-4 months after the initial session.”
- Participants: Up to 10 Participants
- Format: Virtual; 60 minutes
- Bespoke Education Sessions: “Project Implicit Facilitators may be available to create bespoke content. Recent topics have included: Gender in the Workplace, Microaggressions, and Hiring Committees 101. If you are interested in learning more about this option, please schedule a call with the Project Implicit Team. Bespoke sessions must be booked at least three months in advance.”
- Participants & Format: Depends on session content/objectives
They note: “If sessions are booked less than 30 days in advance, a 20% priority fee will be applied in addition to the standard service fee.”
What are the details of their K-12 contracts?
- Online two-hour virtual session: $5,000
- On-site 60-minute to 90-minute keynote session: $8,500
- Half-day, three-hour on-site session: $10,500
- Full-day, six-hour on-site session: $12,500