Parents Defending Education found an interesting lesson on politics for students on the website for Pitt County Schools.
The lesson’s presentation is titled “Unit 3 – Politics.”
The presentation links to a political quiz for students to take. The quiz uses each person’s answers to determine the most aligned political party. The following are questions currently asked in that quiz:
- If found guilty, should former President Trump be pardoned for mishandling classified documents?
- Should the electoral college be abolished?
- Should foreigners, currently residing in the United States, have the right to vote?
- Should the government increase environmental regulations to prevent climate change?
- Should funding for local police departments be redirected to social and community based programs?
- Should illegal immigrants have access to government-subsidized healthcare?
- Should undocumented immigrants be offered in-state tuition rates at public colleges within their residing state?
- Should critical race theory be taught in K-12 education?
The presentation also includes lists to show differences in how Democrats and Republicans think. The lists are below: