The Greene County School System provided a survey to parents for feedback as the school district seeks “to improve our educational programs.” This survey is titled “2021-2022 Greene County School District Title II-A & Equity Needs Survey – Input for School Quality and Improvement (Parent Survey).” The fourth part of the survey states: “The next questions/statements have been taken from the Family-School Relationship Survey created by Panorama Education.”
This section provides seven statements for parents to mark as “strongly agree,” “agree,” “disagree,” “strongly disagree,” or “don’t know/not applicable.” The following statements are provided:
- I think that children enjoy going to my child’s school.
- Children at my child’s school are very respectful of the staff.
- Teachers at my child’s school are very respectful of children.
- I have a good relationship with most of my child’s teachers.
- My child’s school values the diversity of children’s background.
- My child feels a sense of belonging at his/her school.
- My child’s school does a good job preparing him/her for the next academic year.
Panorama Education Inc. is an organization known for helping schools throughout the country survey the race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, and gender identity of students in an effort to push “equity and inclusion” in school systems. The organization offers an “Equity and Inclusion Survey” to “help schools and districts track the progress of equity initiatives through the lens of students and staff, identify areas for celebration and improvement, inform professional development, and signal the importance of equity and inclusion to the community.”
The school district also has a 2018-2023 strategic plan. The front page of the strategic plan promotes the principles and ideas of “culture and climate,” “social and emotional learning,” “equity,” and “diversity.” These principles and ideas are often used to implement political ideology into the curriculum of schools.